Workforce Planning Internship Spring 2017
The Workforce Planning organization, the official source of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts headcount and workforce metrics. Through this work, we support business operations and compliance support, and provides insights and recommendations to leadership regarding issues and opportunities. We also facilitate strategic decision making by providing an understanding of workforce issues through comprehensive measurements, statistical relationships and data analysis.
Make an impact by…..
Using a variety of tools to support analysis on workforce related issues. These could include: headcount, turnover, average hours, and labor forecasting. Creating and/or running reports as well as provide trend analysis or data presentations based on key findings. The position may also maintain department documentation and training materials.
What you bring…..
The ability to analyze and translate data, understand data models and data structures, understand statistical methodologies, communicate professionally, be flexible, and able to prioritize and multi-task while working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills in Chinese and English
- Demonstrated bilingual skills – Mandarin/English
- Candidates who successfully complete this internship at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida should be open to a potential future job opportunity with the Shanghai Disneyland Resort, located in Shanghai, China
- Computer proficiency within a Windows environment, and with Microsoft Office applications, with the willingness to learn new software applications
- Problem solving as well as continuous process improvement skills
- Proven experience and strong understanding of SQL, SAS or SPSS
- Proven experience working with spreadsheets and large databases
- Proven experience with Business Intelligence applications (ex: Tableau)
- Majoring in Human Resources or Information Systems
The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Any writing samples?
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscript)
Select document type
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail WDPR.Professional.Interns@disney.com
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.