We’re looking for someone who
- Loves current events and understands the impact the world we live in has on our business.
- Can think like a journalist for our company by finding and telling compelling stories on our intranet, Public Affairs website and Facebook page.
- Approaches work with a creative eye, finding new and improved ways to do things.
- Understands the importance of media tracking and reporting and can keep up with a high volume press office.
- Can shoot, edit and produce videos, manage social media and write articles that enhance WDW’s reputation as a company known for entertainment, innovation, technology and an employer of choice.
You should have…
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Mac environment and Microsoft Office
- Proven experience with social media in a professional setting
- Experience in video production, including shooting and editing
- Strong writing and research skills and an understanding of how the news media works
- Physical demands include holding, carrying and lifting up to 15 pounds of video equipment, frequent walking/standing, and frequent bending/twisting/kneeling.
- Work experience in public, media, or government relations and/or print, television, or online newsroom
- Experience with photography for web and print publications
- Experience interpreting data and information for media tracking purposes
- Currently enrolled as a junior or higher, (or recently graduated with) a degree majoring in Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communication, or related field
- 3.0 G.P.A. or higher is required
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.