The Marvel Digital Media Group Video Team is looking for an intern to assist in the production of a wide spectrum of video content; including interviews with artists, writers, and celebrities, as well as weekly news shows,original web series, behind-the-scenes packages, and Red Carpet events, using skills ranging from camera operation, video editing, and motion graphics design work.
Assisting the video team during all phases of video production, including camera operation, prepping of lights and audio equipment, basic editing, gathering and managing content for videos and motion graphics, and using various types of software to produced finished packages to be uploaded to our Marvel.com, YouTube, and social media pages.
An overall understanding of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, primarily focused on Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects. Converting digital video to various formats for different platforms. Knowledge of 3D software (Cinema 4D), photography, Audio/Music (Logic Pro) a plus.
Candidates should be able to work in both a team environment, and independently as well.
There are shoots done at remote locations, requiring some traveling, and moving heavy camera equipment around.
Must submit a demo reel indicating roles for samples shown.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must be available during the months of September through December.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
An understanding of the fundamentals of camera and lighting operations; including composition, exposure, and the ingestion of media to prep for editing. Canon C100, Sony EX-3, and Sony FS5 knowledge preferred but not required.
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in Film/Video in their Junior or Senior year.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
This position is with the legal entity Marvel Digital Media Group LLC.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.