“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Distribution Services plays a critical role in the Supply Chain efforts needed to serve our vast property. The division is comprised of over 1 million square feet of storage space for food, merchandise, general supplies and long term storage in a variety of facilities across the property. In addition to warehousing, the division operates a fleet of over 65 tractor trailers that deliver these goods across property and a Mail Services division responsible for the delivery of over 10 million pieces of mail each year. With a strong focus on safety, service and performance the organization has transformed many manual tasks to automated processes and continues to seek out technical and system solutions to help us meet the demands and expectations of our business and our guests. Training & Development is a strategic partner whose role is to focus on those key opportunities aimed at building skills and advancing our strategic objectives. This includes:
- Comprehensive on-boarding and learning and development for all Cast Members
- Developing communication to reinforce key messages related to excellence in safety, service and performance.
- Ensuring appropriate methods, operating guidelines and checklists are in place.
- Reporting, monitoring and auditing on all our processes
- Driving the development of a safety culture through projects, training, recognition and performance management
With The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) this individual will manage and sustain websites and databases.
Research learning and development solutions aimed at technical competency development.
Support development and delivery of solutions aimed at enhancing professional and technical skills.
Coordinate learning and development work sessions, track work and report out on progress.
Assist in the development of a technical solution for content management aimed at logical and effective storage and retrieval. Provide analysis of key safety information to help us continually improve our safety performance. Provide editing and proofreading support to presentations and training materials .
What you bring …
Ability to work early mornings/evenings as needed
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and SharePoint
Strong organization skills with attention to detail
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong project planning skills
Self-starter who is comfortable working alone, and in a team environment
A plus would be …
Demonstrated project management skills
Ability to design and manage dynamic websites in HTML and ASP.NET
Familiarity with databases in Microsoft Access and SQL Server
Demonstrated Adobe CS6 skills in Dreamweaver and Photoshop
Web and mobile application design skills
What you’ve studied …
Information Systems, Training, Organizational Management or related field. You are pursuing a degree and are a junior, senior or graduate student – or a recent graduate (within 6 months of your graduation date).
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January through June 2017.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.