Technical Support Intern
Technical Support Intern – Orlando, Florida
We’ve created internships for students, and they’re anything but ordinary. While we appreciate your willingness to suck it up and pay your coffee-fetching copy-making dues somewhere, at ServiceNow, we know a career is a journey, and it starts with exposure to real work. This isn’t a standard entry-level gig—here at ServiceNow you’ll be given responsibilities that allow you to directly impact and build our company.
Who are we?
Every decade new technologies rise up and disrupt the status quo – creating a seismic shift that changes how business is conducted. ServiceNow is the enterprise IT cloud company, and our technology changes the way the biggest companies in the world are doing business. Our software transforms IT by automating and managing IT service relationships across the global enterprise. Driven by a simple yet distinctive vision of ServiceNow’s founder, Fred Luddy, our mission is to “build a cloud-based platform to enable regular people to create meaningful applications to route work through an enterprise.”
Why work @ ServiceNow?
Here’s what our “Class of 2015” has to say about working at ServiceNow:
- At ServiceNow you directly impact our shares, your job is important; it’s actually important. No other company offers this kind of opportunity.
- Career growth is a way of life at ServiceNow; our managers truly develop employees. Add new skills to your resume, take on new challenges and discover your full potential.
- ServiceNow has the fast pace of a startup, but the stability of a bigger company.
After an internship at ServiceNow, you’ll have experience with
- Good understanding of customer support business operations
- Good understanding of ServiceNow Platform
- Ability to troubleshoot and configure customer applications on ServiceNow platform
- Exposure to working with customers on key maintenance projects
What you should know before you get here:
- Ability to troubleshoot moderate to difficult technical issues
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack
- Experience administering: Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Server
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Experience in Shell Scripting or Windows Scripting
- Advanced MySQL Experience
- Advanced Unix/Linux System Administration or Windows Server Administration experience
- A fundamental understanding of CMDB
- Understanding of Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
What’s it like to work @ ServiceNow?
- We pride ourselves on our culture of acting with respect, integrity, performance & customer centricity.
- Tech Geeks are welcome here! It takes the best to build the best; our employees use the latest and greatest software and hardware for their daily work.
- We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. Eat, drink & be social with catered Friday lunches, fully stocked kitchens, company socials, and games.
- This is a highly collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude have an opportunity to grow careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
- We offer competitive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. Customers use our service model to define, structure and automate the flow of work, removing dependencies on email and spreadsheets to transform the delivery and management of services for the enterprise. ServiceNow provides service management for every department in the enterprise including IT, human resources, facilities, field service and more. We deliver a ‘lights-out, light-speed’ experience through our enterprise cloud – built to manage everything as a service. To find out how, visit www.servicenow.com.