ESPN Wide World of Sports – Volunteer Services Internship – Spring 2017
The Volunteer Services Team supporting an exhilarating portfolio of sporting events throughout the course of the year. The team works closely with a variety of Charities and the Event Management team to plan and execute incredible events. Through careful planning and attention to detail this team ensures our guests and volunteers have a truly valuable experience.
Make an impact by…….
Supporting a variety of events including runDisney races, expos, track meets, and Special Olympics. We fill more than 19,000 volunteer shifts annually. You will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of volunteer management. You will gain an understanding of the event planning processes including pre-event logistics, on-site volunteer operational support, and post-event responsibilities. You will actively participate in decision-making and event delivery by assisting in the following areas:
What you bring….
- Guest Communications, including responding to volunteer email and phone calls
- Understanding of volunteer database, scheduling systems and reporting functions
- High degree of interaction with volunteers requiring excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Event planning and logistics
- Preparing training materials, scheduling and facilitating training sessions
- Providing on-site support during events in the areas of volunteer management and event delivery
- Post event recaps, appreciation, and volunteer retention efforts
Examples of events you may be involved with include all runDisney Events, Special Olympics Florida State Summer Games and Special Olympics Fall Classic.
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Event Planning, Sport Management, Communications or similar
- Computer savvy with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Previous Volunteer Experience
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting
- Minimum 3.0 Overall G.P.A.
- Proven experience using Adobe InDesign
The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscript)
- Select document type
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mailWDPR.Professional.Interns@disney.com
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.