ESPN Wide World of Sports Guest Operations Internship – Spring 2017
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Guest Operations overseeing the end to end Guest experience at ESPN Wide World of Sports and leading 300+ hourly Cast Members all working to support the flow and implementation of various events.
Make an impact by…….
- Monitoring the overall operation of the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and working closely with all business units.
- Responsible for various operations inclusive of parking, courtesy and equipment carts, park entry, ushers and crowd control
- Working events, some which may include: AAU Basketball/Volleyball, Pop Warner Super Bowl, Atlanta Braves Spring Training, and runDisney Expos.
What you bring….
- High level of partnership and the ability to lead in a fast paced environment
- Pursuing a degree in Sport Management or similar; junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate
- Previous Experience with Sports Venues and/or Recreational Facilities
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting
- Minimum 3.0 Overall G.P.A
The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscript)
Select document type
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mailWDPR.Professional.Interns@disney.com
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.