ESPN Wide World of Sports Facilities Operations Internship – Spring 2017
The Special Events Team managing a team of Competition Coordinators who are responsible for managing all sports events that take place at the ESPN Wide World Sports Complex. We act as a communication conduit for the clients with the many disciplines that are out operating partners. Events execution is their primary function. Our team also works with Sports Specialists who assist in the planning and execution of many non-sports events such as Team Builders, ESPN Broadcast interface, and large special events.
Make an impact by…….
Observing and participating in the day-to-day operations of ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, learning how each discipline partners for best results, how problem solving is handled, and how the Sports Team provides the highest quality of guest service. Becoming familiar with business practices and diversity strategies while working directly with the Sports Complex Special Events Team.
Be a part of an original team and culture…
- Having general knowledge of all operating areas at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to include initial hands on training in guest operations, custodial, changeover, and logistic
- Coordination with ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex partners to maintain and improve various areas of the Complex
- Active involvement with Premium Third Party Clients
- Planning and execution concerning team buildings and functions with Epcot Events
- Communication support, preparing the weekly Event Telecast, a property wide communication document of the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex event schedules
- Engagement with computer software (such as Microsoft Office), focusing on event and venue utilization
- Participation in event planning and runDisney race procurement and logistics
- Planning, implementation, and execution of events – including setup, registration, client/partner presentations, guest communication, scheduling, equipment inventory/ordering, labor planning, finding efficiencies, and formulating/analyzing post event recaps
What you bring…
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Event Planning, Sport Management or similar
- Computer savvy with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting
- Minimum 3.0 Overall G.P.A
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD
The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscript)
- Select document type
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mailWDPR.Professional.Interns@disney.com
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.