ESPN Wide World of Sports Events Internship – Spring 2017
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Sports Event Management is responsible for the flawless planning and execution of the core events at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at the Walt Disney World Resort. This teams’ primary role is to focus on delivering excellent event planning, execution and client services. This is accomplished by working with internal and external business clients and partners to create exceptional events.
Make an impact by……
Observing and participating in the planning, organizing and management of events in different sports at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. You will be encouraged to fully participate in the management of events by assisting the Sports Event Managers.
What you bring….
- Portfolio management including client contractual and financial responsibilities, as well as collaborating with partners throughout the event cycle
- Conducting venue analysis and preparing logistics plans
- Scheduling for teams with events ranging from 500 to 18K athletes
- Interfacing with Facility Management and other Walt Disney World departments to ensure that all requirements of the event are met
- Participation in client site visits and event itineraries
- Planning, implementing, and executing events – including setup, registration, client/partner presentations, guest communication, scheduling, equipment inventory/ordering, labor planning, finding efficiencies, vendor approvals, and formulating/analyzing post event recaps
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Event Planning, Sport Management or similar
- Previous Event Planning or Event Management Experience
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting
- Minimum 3.0 Overall G.P.A
The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscript)
- Select document typeIf you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mailWDPR.Professional.Interns@disney.com
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.