ESPN Wide World of Sports – Sports Business Development Internship – Spring 2017
From negotiation, market analysis and knowledge of the Sports industry, SBD leverages the best of travel and sports trends to create one of a kind products and experiences for athletes and fans visiting ESPNs Wide World of Sports. The team focuses on long term strategies and actionable recommendations that drive overall value for the Sports portfolio and Disney.
Make an impact by…….
- Providing support in creating analytical and strategic recommendations supporting Disney’s Sports Business
What you bring….
- The creation and evaluation of options, feasibility recommendations and process modeling for businesses selling events and experiences
- Ability to quickly assess business models
- Proactively identifying opportunities and the development and articulations of go-forward strategic direction
- Researching and synthesizing trends and benchmarking information from both internal and external sources for distribution to leadership
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Recent graduate (undergrad or graduate) or graduate student pursuing a Master’s degree in General Business, Economics, Finance or equivalent
- Strong problem solving skills through the use of analytical methods and concepts
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of Sales Distribution Channels or Sales Models
- Proven leadership
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting
- Minimum 3.0 Overall G.P.A
The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscript)
- Select document type
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mailWDPR.Professional.Interns@disney.com
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.