Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
- Do you think of yourself as an enthusiast of Unreal Engine?
- Does The Unreal Engine make you smile more than good coffee?
- Do you like working on next generation technologies? Who doesn’t?
- What about making a difference with your OWN ideas for features and improvements, getting a top place on the backlog?
How about – combining your passion with a professional work environment?
Pretty big thinking. We like to make that happen!
Here’s a little taste of your challenge!
- Design and build compelling new user experiences within TomTom’s navigation engine and apps,
- Work on next gen technologies: – building new features using the latest standards,
- Involvement in the full chain: from idea to design, creation and deployment,
- Fresh ideas and input for the design As this is a new project on unexplored terrain you have full freedom and are expected to support new ideas and input with which you can directly influence the final product.
What we expect from you?
- Student in a field of Computer Science or any IT preferably with a focus on the gaming industry and more specific the Unreal Engine,
- In your spare time you will be programming for fun either 2D, 3D or VR; also you know your way around the expansion packs and sample projects so you can quickly create results,
- Positive attitude and analytical mind,
- Ability to think out of the box and bring new ideas to the table,
- Willingness to work on large and complex projects where we have an Agile way of working,
- Team-Player; TomTom is a collaborative environment.
What you can expect from us?
- The Trainee Engineer works out proof of concepts based on the Unreal Engine. We will offer you a professional and supportive environment amongst the brightest mind in the industry. This so you can work on a fun project and get maximum learning curve out of your internship,
- Furthermore you are naturally maintaining a decent knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, production tooling to effectively develop, while showing off your skills in the aforementioned R&D proof of concept,
- Mentorship during your internship – do not be afraid to ask questions,
- Challenging role in an open, innovative and international culture,
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic team with lots of expertise to learn from and friendly working atmosphere,
- Paid internships,
- Flexible working hours,
- You’ll learn more on how to create products that are used by millions of people around the world!
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a “start-up” but have the benefits of a billion euro company!
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don’t jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
Please apply through www.tomtom.com/careers. The reference to this job is 23876 .
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
omTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Best known for being a global leader in navigation and mapping products, TomTom also creates GPS sports watches, as well as state-of-the-art fleet management solutions and industry-leading location-based products. Our business consists of four customer-facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.