Show Writer Internship, Creative Entertainment, FL, Spring 2017
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Be a part of an original team and culture…
- Interacting with and support the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment Show Director and Writer Team
- Completing research as requested by the Creative Director or other team members
- Compiling information as requested to be used in the creative process
- Participating in brainstorming sessions regarding live entertainment shows, events, and projects
- Writing drafts, creative treatments, pitches, scripts, and other show related materials while under the guidance of the Show Writer or Show Director
- Taking notes, edit, and proofread show related materials as requested
What you bring…
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Experience writing family friendly stories, dialog, plays, or other entertainment content
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English
- Experience with special events
- Understanding of the production process for developing live entertainment offerings
- Understanding of the Disney brand
- Currently enrolled as a Junior/Senior in a college/university earning a degree in Theatre, Creative Writing, or a related field OR have graduated within 6 months of the start date of the internship
The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) – Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
- Electronic Portfolio – include examples of your creative writing style
- Additional writing sample that should be no more than 350 to 500 words and can be on one of the two following subjects:
- Captain Jack Sparrow in a tavern where a disagreement with his pirate friends ends in a swordfight.
- Rapunzel and Flynn meet in a Town Square where they decide to teach the children a dance.
- To upload these documents:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscript)
- Select document type
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program. Note: Once you have completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program, there must be a minimum 6 month gap before the start of a new internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.