Revenue Management & Analytics (MSI) Internship, Spring 2017 – Orlando, FL
The Revenue Management and Analytics (RM&A) team supports clients across The Walt Disney Company, including Walt Disney Parks & Resorts (WDP&R), Disney Cruise Line, Media Networks (i.e. ABC, ESPN), Studio Entertainment and Disney Interactive Media in the core competencies of yield management, revenue planning, forecasting, pricing and optimization. Key partners to the RM&A organization include Marketing, Finance, Business Development, Research and Operations. Roles within RM&A develop, analyze, and execute strategies to maximize profitability and improve the value proposition for our Guests, Cast Members and Shareholders.
This team provides analytical consulting support to several business units within The Walt Disney Company, including Media Networks, Parks & Resorts, Studio Entertainment, Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Make an Impact by…..
- Making the Guest online and call center experience more personalized for Parks & Resorts
- Partnering with key functional teams based in the US and France to implement initiatives based on business impacts and technical feasibility
- Design tests and measure differences between competing alternative tactics
- Supporting operational and strategic initiatives by gathering and integrating relevant data, leading analyses, and developing profit opportunities
- Navigating through large databases to develop and support complex analytical models
What You Bring to the Role…..
- Creative problem solving & analytical skills
- Experience collecting & analyzing data and reporting on the results
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Interest in pursuing an analytical career path
- Foundational knowledge using SQL or analytical software such as SAS, and a strong desire to quickly strengthen and apply those skills
- Experience with advanced Microsoft Excel functions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Junior or higher working towards (or recently graduated with) a Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Revenue Management, Economics, Industrial Engineering or other related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from January through June 2017.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.