“We make magic.”That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Sales team for Group and Conventions is the first point of contact our clients have with the Walt Disney World Resort. The Resort Sales team is responsible for building lasting relationships by providing solutions with our unique and innovative experiences, products and services that exceed expectations
Be a part of an original team and culture…
In this role, the intern could be involved in a wide variety of marketing, sales and administrative activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Pulling data from various software applications used in Group and Convention Sales Department
- Analyzing information for Sales Territories, Account File Audits, Vertical Market discovery and new project development
- Participating in the process of entering customer information into CRM/Siebel
- Other responsibilities may include Ad Hoc requests relative to Sales production, database requests, and building Excel documents and Power point presentations to provide data analysis
- Provide administrative support for Sales Mangers and assistance with requested collateral materials, external merchandise orders and supplies
What you bring to this role…
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Word
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Power Point creating and editing presentations
- Demonstrated marketing/communication experience (basic skills required; strong skills preferred)
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to handle confidential information
- Currently enrolled in a Hospitality or Event Management program
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Prior experience overall in the Hospitality industry
- Attention to detail and professionalism
- Currently enrolled, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, in an accredited college or university earning a degree in Hospitality, Marketing/Sales or a related major
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.