A Day in the Life of…
Be a part of the solution by helping monitor the latest industry headlines, track and clip media coverage and conduct research.
Put your creative skills to work by writing press releases and blog stories and generating content for social media platforms and the public affairs website (www.disneycruiselinepublicaffairs.com.
Utilize your leadership and partnering skills by coordinating the distribution of company news and photo/video shoots.
- Previous reporting/writing experience with a student or professional publication in print, television or online media
- Strong writing and research skills and knowledge of the media
- Proficiency with Associated Press writing style
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Work experience in public, media, or government relations and/or print, television, or online newsroom
- Experience with photo/video shoots
- Proven experience with social media in a professional or academic setting
- Verbal and written fluency with Spanish
- Current Junior or higher pursuing (or recently graduated with) a degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communications, or a related major
- 3.0 G.P.A. or higher is required
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.