‘Five years from now we’ll be active in areas we haven’t yet dreamed of’. Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. Would you like contribute in designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals?
Where do you want to be? Are you looking for an extreme cool challenge to grow yourself and be rewarded for your enormous effort? Are you looking for an internship where you have a lot of responsibility and promoting state-of-the-art technology and a world-class brand? Then this might be the right opportunity for you! We are looking for the best and brightest minds to join TomTom engineering team.
Who are we?
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals.
Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, GPS sports watches, and action cameras. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have over 4,400 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 48 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com
As a member of the Interns on Track team, you will have to deliver the following:
- Development work within the team of engineers working on a mobile turn-by-turn navigation application and iOS SDK that uses various web services owned by TomTom,
- Involvement in a process of automating software tests and deployment,
- Fresh ideas and input for the design decisions.
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Software Engineer Intern, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Student in a field of Computer Science or any IT background,
- Good command of English in speech and writing,
- Good communication skills and team work,
- Basic knowledge of Objective-C,
- Any experience with iOS Framework API,
- Willingness to learn,
- Knowledge of some of these is a plus: Git, AWS, C++, Android, Linux, scripting languages.
What do we offer?
- You will be able to learn from the team and ask questions freely,
- Challenging role in an open, innovative and international culture,
- Flexible working hours (minimum 20 hours per week),
- Opportunity to gain experience with an applied Agile methodology,
- Salary during the intership.
For the full story about the vacancy (ref job 24273) or procedure, please click on the apply button, and go to http://www.tomtom.com/careers or contact Joanna Kamińska (Joanna,Kaminska@tomtom.com).
omTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Best known for being a global leader in navigation and mapping products, TomTom also creates GPS sports watches, as well as state-of-the-art fleet management solutions and industry-leading location-based products. Our business consists of four customer-facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.