Marketing Internships, Disney, Florida, Spring
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
By applying to this posting you may be considered for a Marketing Internships in one of the following departments:
- Disney Floral & Gifts
- Disney Cruise Line, Global Relationship
- Disney Photo Imaging
- Disney Institute
- Disney Gift Cards
- Disney Global Relationship
- Disney Meetings
Make an impact by… (Depending upon location some responsibilities may include)
- The development and execution of various marketing tactics
- Writing copy for promotional needs, assisting with tracking of sales, demographics and statistical data around our core holiday offerings, as well as facilitating local promotions.
- Research and support identify market trends, on-line consumer behavior, and on-line promotional opportunities
- Assist in the planning and execution of various on-property actions inclusive media events and broadcast productions
Showcase your skills in…
- Working knowledge of the Walt Disney World Resort
- Ability to solve complex business problems, through creative and strategic solutions
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and spreadsheet development
- Project management/facilitation and assisting with special projects as needed
- Assisting with project and budget tracking documentation per project as needed
- Prior Participation in the Disney Theme Parks & Resorts College Program
- Previous experience in marketing, which could include Advertising, Promotions, Alliance or Synergy
- Knowledge of SEO & SEM, social media platforms and on-line applications.
- Awareness/Knowledge of CMR, mobile and website marketing
- Familiarity and understanding of Adobe Creative Suite
- Previous experience in marketing, e-commerce and photo shoots
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Senior or graduate-level student pursuing a degree in Marketing, Business or related area. Alternatively, the candidate must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months.
- The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) – You will not be considered for this role if you do not upload a transcript. Please upload your transcript while completing the online application.
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscript)
- Select document type
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program. Note: Once you have completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program, there must be a minimum 6 month gap before the start of a new internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 to June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.