Marvel Television IT & Technical Operations supports the various lines of business, including Live TV, Animation, and Games. Aside from the day-to-day operations, the team also supports all of the technical infrastructure across our multiple sites. We have the unique position of working with our internal groups as well as various third-party vendors and partners that come together to produce our content.
We are looking for a qualified intern to join our team this fall. In addition to supporting the IT Desktop Support team, s/he will have the opportunity to work on business strategy and process improvement initiatives.
IT Desktop Support:
– Assists in tasks/projects as part of Desktop Support initiatives
– Provide end-user support for basic technology and application questions and problems
– Monitor the HelpDesk telephone queue and mailbox
– Route support issues to the correct issue owners via call tracking software
– Utilize defined processes, & procedures to ensure consistent, timely, and reliable end user support as well as adequate system security, asset tracking, etc.
– Document current processes/workflows and highlight opportunities for business process improvement
– Document system de-provisioning procedures
– Evaluate new technologies, e.g., digital asset management systems
– Performs other related duties as assigned
– Must have an interest in workflows and systems. Impeccable writing skills and familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite are also required.
– All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
– All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
– All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
– All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
– All candidates should be very comfortable in basic troubleshooting either Windows or Mac; both systems desirable.
– Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
– Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
– Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
– Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Enrolled in an accredited college or university.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.