Intern Technical Support APJ
Intern, Technical Support APJ
Location: Sydney, Australia
We’ve created internships for University students, and they’re anything but ordinary. We know a career is a journey, and it starts with exposure to real work. This isn’t a standard entry-level position—here at ServiceNow you’ll be given responsibilities that allow you to directly impact and build our company.
WHO ARE WE?
Every decade new technologies rise up and disrupt the status quo – creating a seismic shift that changes how business is conducted. ServiceNow is the enterprise IT cloud company, and our technology changes the way the biggest companies in the world are doing business. Our software transforms IT by automating and managing IT service relationships across the global enterprise. Driven by a simple yet distinctive vision of ServiceNow’s founder and Chief Product Officer, Fred Luddy, our mission is to “build a cloud-based platform to enable regular people to create meaningful applications to route work through an enterprise.”
WHY WORK @ SERVICENOW?
- At ServiceNow you directly impact our shares, your job is important; it’s actually important. No other company offers this kind of opportunity
- Career growth is a way of life at ServiceNow; our managers truly develop employees. Add new skills to your CV, take on new challenges and discover your full potential
AFTER AN INTERNSHIP AT SERVICENOW, YOU’LL HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH:
- Delivering software as a service (SaaS) based products to our customers in real time
- Operating within a Cloud Infrastructure to the highest standards of professionalism and availability
- Working in a team with highly talented system engineers, database administrators and software developers focused on operating a state of the art Cloud Infrastructure
- Managing incidents and communication to various customers & stakeholders
WHAT’S IT LIKE TO WORK @ SERVICENOW?
- We pride ourselves on our culture of acting with respect, integrity, performance & customer centricity
- Tech Geeks are welcome here! It takes the best to build the best; our employees use the latest and greatest software and hardware for their daily work
- We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. Eat, drink & be social with fully stocked kitchens and company socials
- This is a highly collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude have an opportunity to grow careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business
WHAT YOU GET TO DO IN THIS ROLE:
The Technical Support Engineer is an individual contributor position within ServiceNow Technical Support organisation focusing on ServiceNow Platform Technologies. This individual will be relied upon for their knowledge, ability and experience in technical support. This role will be responsible for incident tracking, diagnosis, replication, troubleshooting and resolution of the most complicated and critical incidents.
Last but not least this individual will provide excellence in customer service to ultimately drive to completions and total resolution of each customer support issue.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong inter-personal skills in addition to strong technical skills.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally.
IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- A good theoretical & practical knowledge with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Competent at navigating Unix/Linux terminal
- Experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies are welcome)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical systems
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanour when handling complex customer & internal issues
- An understanding of ITSM, ITIL, or CMDB
- Bilingual/Multilingual in English/Japanese or English/Mandarin is a nice to have
WORKING FOR SERVICENOW:
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
Please note: To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be an Australian resident or have appropriate working status in Australia. Please ensure this is indicated on your application.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. Customers use our service model to define, structure and automate the flow of work, removing dependencies on email and spreadsheets to transform the delivery and management of services for the enterprise. ServiceNow provides service management for every department in the enterprise including IT, human resources, facilities, field service and more. We deliver a ‘lights-out, light-speed’ experience through our enterprise cloud – built to manage everything as a service. To find out how, visit www.servicenow.com.