This position is part of the Golden Oak at WDW and Group & Convention Public Relations team. The PR team develops and executes both trade and consumer media communication strategies that drive traditional and social media coverage. The team uses these tactics to increase awareness for the luxury residential resort community of Golden Oak at Walt Disney World Resort and the exceptional meeting/event/incentive spaces offered to groups and conventions at Disney Destinations Worldwide.
A Day in the Life….
Be a part of the solution by managing media relationships and servicing on-property site visits and applying strong research skills and an understanding of how the news media works.
Put your creative skills to work by assisting in writing press releases and listings, captioning photos, working with clients to identify story opportunities to include content for different social media outlets, developing story pitches, articles and case studies.
Utilize your leadership and partnering skills by coordinating media visits and assisting with hosting media.
- Previous reporting/writing experience with a student or professional publication in print, television or online media
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with Associated Press writing style
- Ability maintain databases for media information, projects, coverage and other related information
- Previous internship experience in Journalism, Public Relations, Media Relations, Government Relations, Marketing or similar
- Previous experience as a Disney Cast Member
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated initiative – ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities
- Currently enrolled as a junior or higher (or recently graduated with) a degree majoring in Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communication, or related field
- 3.0 G.P.A. or higher is required
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.