Executive Communications Internship
Ever wonder how communications strategy is devised for the senior leaders at one of America’s most iconic businesses? How the communications team supporting Walt Disney World executives thinks about engaging audiences ranging from its own cast members to various stakeholder groups that can have an influence on the company. Working alongside Walt Disney World Executive Communications professionals, you’ll get the chance to put classroom theory into real-world application as you contribute to a team always looking to raise the bar on communications strategy. Walt Disney World Executive Communications is a premier corporate communication department. We provide communications support to the president of Walt Disney World Resort and numerous senior leaders based in Central Florida.
A Day in the Life…
- Various forms of written communication, such as remarks, correspondence and the occasional formal speech
- Maintaining and updating information related to executive speeches, appearances and other forms of communication
- Researching, creating and maintaining presentation visuals—in both KeyNote and PowerPoint—to accompany executive speeches
- Partnering with content and service partners across the organization to assist with the successful planning and execution of events
- Participation in brainstorming and planning meetings with teammates and key business partners
- Organization and development of tools and processes that enhance the team’s ability to create value for senior leadership
- Competency, confidence and the demeanor and poise to work 1:1 with the most senior leaders at Walt Disney World Resort
- Proven ability to develop effective communication products with minimal editing
- Proficiency with Associated Press writing style
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proven self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential information
- Experience on both Mac and Windows operating systems, with high expertise in Mac
- Demonstrated storytelling experience
- Understanding of business strategy
- Experience with Keynote presentation software
- Previous experience as a Disney Cast Member
Currently enrolled as a senior or higher (or recent graduate with) a degree majoring in Communication, Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Marketing, Public Relations or a related major
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.