Put your writing, research and relationship skills to work with the Content Relations team, developing media assets that drive news coverage. The team’s PR efforts primarily support the Disneyland Resort, increasing awareness of the family vacation destination. Learn to engage with consumer media in all formats (print, online, digital, social, and broadcast).
A Day in the Life….
Support domestic and Hispanic PR and social media efforts that create awareness of new developments and drive visitation to the Disneyland Resort. Help create assets and content (press releases, photo captions, video, blogs, etc.) and assist with maintaining content databases and news site.
Other duties include.
- Assist in managing relationships with consumer media.
- Utilize your media savvy to identify story ideas and media opportunities.
- Create/maintain media coverage summary reports.
- Assist with on-property media visits, familiarization tours and press events.
What You Bring…
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Associated Press writing style
- Previous internship or work experience in Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing
- Flexibility to work various hours including weekends and evenings
- Previous experience as a cast member at The Disneyland Resort
- Computer proficiency within a Windows or MAC environment (both preferred)
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Previous reporting/writing experience with a news outlet (print, broadcast or online)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Social Media, including WordPress in a professional or academic setting
- Demonstrated proficiency designing and creating graphics and/or infographics
- Currently enrolled as a junior or higher, (or recently graduated with) a degree majoring in Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communication, or related field
- 3.0 G.P.A. or higher is required
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.