The Government Relations department is responsible for managing the Resort’s political and policy strategies and initiatives. The GR team serves as the Disneyland Resort’s liaisons to local, state, federal, and international government officials, as well as many industry groups.
A Day in the Life….
- The cast member selected for this role will act as a consultative thought partner -for the Disneyland Resort’s upcoming government, political and policy initiatives
- This individual will focus on Project Management with events associated with the Resort’s expansion completion
- Understanding of local government in Anaheim/Orange County area
- Political experience (campaign, district office or industry relations), specifically in Southern California (or major political experience outside of Southern California will also be considered)
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Proven ability to be a team player with strong collaboration skills
- Strong communication, research, writing, and presentation skills
- Proven self-starter with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Currently pursuing (or recently graduated with) a degree in Law, Political Science, Public Affairs, Public Relations, Communication, or related fields
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.