This position is part of the Disney Cruise Line Public Relations team that develops and executes consumer media communications strategies that drive traditional and social media coverage to increase awareness for the Disney Cruise Line brand.
A day in the life…
Support domestic and international PR efforts that target a variety of media outlets including print, online and broadcast. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer media inquiries and assist with managing media relationships
- Maintain media-contact and project databases
- Create and maintain media coverage summary reports
- Maintain news media website and press materials archive
- Manage news photography library
- Provide general administrative support, i.e. correspondence and phone coverage
- Help develop press event materials (i.e. media invitations, itineraries, collateral)
- Develop story angles and media pitches
- Assist in writing news releases, photo captions and blog posts
- Produce video content for broadcast and online media outlets
- Coordinate shipboard media visits
Following are the minimum qualifications required to be considered for this position:
- Expertise with Associated Press writing style
- Previous writing/reporting experience with a news media outlet in print, broadcast or online (can include school publications or similar outlets)
- Proven research skills and an understanding of how the news media works
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and projects
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Strong partnering and relationship skills and the ability to excel within a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in a Mac environment
- Previous experience as a Disney Cast Member
- Currently enrolled as a junior or higher, or graduated within 6 months of application submission, in an accredited college/university earning a degree in Journalism, Media Relations, Public Relations, Mass Communication or related
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.