Data analytics internship
‘Five years from now we’ll be active in areas we haven’t yet dreamed of’.
Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.
Our team achieves more every day, So can you!
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. Would you like to contribute in designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals?
Here’s a little taste of your challenge
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in Data Analytics to join our Sports team within our Consumer Unit. The experience and future opportunities will include working with product managers, product owners and engineers of multiple applications and help them understand and make the data more actionable.
As a member of the global team, you will have to deliver the following:
- Work with the MySports data from Google Analytics and MySports DB in close collaboration with product owners, engineers, marketing to assist in implementing a unified MySports data collection approach
- Develop and make available data reports for various target audiences
- Manage MySports data, clarify terminology, identify patters and outliers
- Facilitate regular interaction between all stakeholders to make the data understandable and actionable
What we expect from you
To be successful in as a Data Analytics Intern, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- You are a student studying Business Studies, Econometirics, Marketing, economics and other relevant studies;
- Experience with MySQL and Google Analytics
- Good understanding of Mobile and Web applications
- Passion for Sports
- You should be enrolled as fulltime student for the complete duration of the internship;
- You should only apply if you are an EU citizen due to working permit regulations.
What you can expect from us
- An adventure in the cutting-edge field of digital mapping, traffic and navigation solutions;
- The opportunity to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures;
- 500 Euros (Gross based on full time work);
- 6 months internship contract
- The exciting opportunity to be part of our internship program Interns on Track.
- Starting 1 October 2016
Who are we?
Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, GPS sports watches, and action cameras. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,000 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 36 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
For the full story about the vacancy (ref job ID 25116) or procedure, please click on the apply button, and go to www.tomtom.com/careers
omTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Best known for being a global leader in navigation and mapping products, TomTom also creates GPS sports watches, as well as state-of-the-art fleet management solutions and industry-leading location-based products. Our business consists of four customer-facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.