Creative Entertainment – Technical Direction Internship – Spring 2017
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Creative Entertainment, a dynamic entertainment environment, offering nothing less than the perfect show for millions of guests worldwide. An integral part of this organization is the Technical Development & Production Resources department that is responsible for the development of technical design and production, fireworks, safety, standards, and sustainment for live shows including parades, stage shows and special events on and off the Disney property and onboard the Disney Cruise Line.
Be a part of an original team and culture…
- Supporting the Technical Director in the technical production process, including producing documentation, technical intent, and drawing packages
- Working in a variety of design/drafting programs including AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks and Adobe (Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Surveying on site locations for appropriate technical integration
- Communicating clearly with partners (e.g. designers, safety teams, and facility teams)
- Attending appropriate Creative Entertainment seminars and meetings
- Creating at least one package of technical documentation (scope of work, deliverables matrix, etc.) as an assignment
- Contribute in developing design presentations and preparing conference rooms for presentation
- Assisting with design and technical research
- Input/access data in computer programs
What you bring…
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior in a College/University earning a degree in Theater (technical), or related field
- Completion of at least three years of college courses
- Computer proficiency within a Windows or Mac environment such as Excel, MS PowerPoint, and with pertinent software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and AutoCad or VectorWorks
- Earning or completing MFA in an technical design-related field
- Minimum 3.0 Overall G.P.A.
- Creative background
- Familiarity with the Entertainment industry
The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscript)
- Select document typeIf you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mailWDPR.Professional.Interns@disney.comInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (forWalt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: This internship is located in both Orlando, FL and Anaheim, CA.
Anaheim, CA Participants: Must provide their own housing.
Orlando, FL Participants: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.