Communication Technology Internship
Are you passionate about technology? Do you get excited at the thought of providing technology that helps produce the best possible experience for our Cast Members? As the Communication Technology intern, you will be part of a cutting-edge organization supporting Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Public Affairs with web, technology and analytics. The technologies we support are used by tens of thousands of people every day to find valuable information and help them do their job. In addition, you will be kicking off your career with an internship in the place where dreams come true.
|Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Knowledge of web technologies, including CMS
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Previous experience in web design and/or development
- Proven self-starter with the ability to balance multiple projects
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with a Mac environment
- Proficient understanding of Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver & Illustrator
- Web analytics and measurement a definite plus
- Understanding of web image optimization
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher pursuing (or recently graduated with) a degree in Digital Media, Web Design, or a related major
- Must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- Complete the online application, which verifies your eligibility for the internship.
- Submit the following via e-mail:
- Cover Letter, Resume & Transcripts – these documents should clearly indicate how you meet the required and desired qualifications for the position. The cover letter should include a statement explaining your career goals and provide an overview of your skills. The transcripts can be either official or unofficial.
- Online Portfolio – Please submit an online portfolio toWDPR.Communication.Technology@disney.com showcasing your work. If you do not have an online portfolio, you may submit a PDF of no more than 3MB that showcases your work.
To be considered, you must complete the online application and assessment by Thursday September 22nd, 2016. And we must receive your cover letter, resume, electronic portfolio and official transcripts by September 30th, 2016.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.