The Dow Chemical Company is partnering with Bridge Valley Community and Technical College in hiring for the Process Technology Training Program at our West Virginia Operations located in South Charleston, WV.
The purpose of the program is to shadow Chemical Operating Technicians to learn and experience chemical industry equipment, processes, and perform operations-related activities as described and directed by a shift assigned Operator Technician/Mentor. Successful candidates will work 2-12 hours shifts per week while attending an accelerated Process Technology Chemical Operations certificate program the three remaining days during the 26 week term. Successful candidates will be required to attend and graduate from this program during this 26 week period. Additionally, successful candidates will demonstrate Dow’s global competencies and utilize Applied Process Technology (APT) chemical manufacturing knowledge obtained at BridgeValley to gain experience in how to operate the plant in a safe and optimal manner.
- Shadowing/supporting Operating Technicians
- Following Operating Discipline principles, procedures and practices to help ensure safe and efficient operation of assigned plant areas. Making rounds with an operator and assisting in taking readings and field-checking process equipment.
- Monitoring process conditions, equipment and control systems.
- Performing tasks under the direct supervision/direction of an experienced operator.
- Participating in troubleshooting unit upsets and abnormalities.
- Witnessing the work permit system, learn about Environmental, Health & Safety systems as well as emergency preparedness.
- Demonstrating Dow’s global competencies showing: cooperative and active participation in operations activities, willingness and enthusiasm to learn about the facility, ability to apply self to effectively help and support operations.
- Must be willing to enroll and be accepted into the Applied Process Technology (APT) accelerated program at BridgeValley Community and Technical College.
- Being self-motivated with high standards of personal integrity.
- Having a strong work ethic and being able to remain productive in an empowered team environment.
- Having good technical skills to learn how to operate both manual and highly automated equipment.
- Having the desire to learn and grow technical skills to stay current with new automation and technology.
- Being able to effectively work with others. Candidates must be able and are expected to effectively communicate, share information, in a respectful and professional manner.
- Being able to work with others in an empowered team environment.
- Being able to demonstrate leadership behaviors – setting high standards of personal excellence and demonstrating these behaviors in work habits including safe work behaviors, work ethic, et
- Punctual and reliable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Military experience beneficial
- Coal mining experience beneficial
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Successful enrollment and participation in the BridgeValley Applied Process Technology (APT) accelerated program.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world’s most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow’s integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2015, Dow had annual sales of nearly $49 billion and employed approximately 49,500 people worldwide. The Company’s more than 6,000 product families are manufactured at 179 sites in 35 countries across the globe. On June 1, 2016, Dow became the 100 percent owner of Dow Corning Corporation’s silicones business, a global company with sales of greater than $4.5 billion in 2015, 25 manufacturing sites in 9 countries and approximately 10,000 employees worldwide. References to “Dow” or the “Company” mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company.
• Employee stock ownership – and the commitment to long-term success that it brings.
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment.
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world.
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
At Dow, we combine the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. We are driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Our integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers more than 6,000 technology-based product families to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture.