“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Department Overview: Consumer Insights, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is a segment within Walt Disney Parks & Resorts (WDPR) that focuses on inspiring Guest-centric decision-making by leveraging relevant data and keen insights.
The Analytics Engineer Intern will build the next generation of “big data” tools and data collection automation for Walt Disney Parks & Resort. More than a simple data plumber, the Analytics Engineer will innovate with tools like Spark, Kafka, NumPy, and SciPy helping guide Analysts towards new insights. The role will work within a DevOps culture and Agile environment, seeking continuous improvement for big data analytics and business intelligence. As the flood of digital information increases, the person in this role will be responsible for connecting multiple open and closed sourced systems to help create a magical Guest experience.
Some of the things you’ll get to do…..
● Hadoop Ecosystem innovation and expansion
● Support of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts partners with data collection, extraction and processing
● Data and business process automation and transparency
● Identify and document data requirements to support both ongoing and adhoc analysis
● Design and develop highly scalable software systems and applications in a variety of high traffic
functional areas such as ecommerce, account management and mobile
What you bring….
● Experience with a programming language, Java or Python
● Experience with a relational database (e.g. MySQL, MS SQL Server)
● Experience with source code management system (preferably GitHub)
● Understanding of SDLC and Continuous Integration
What you’ve studied…
MIS, Business, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering or other related field of study. You’ll be a junior, senior, graduate level student – or recent graduate (within 6 months of your graduation date).
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January through May 2017.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.