Agricultural Sciences – Biotechnology Internship – Spring 2017
The Land® Pavilion at Epcot®
The Agricultural Sciences team, part of Disney’s Animals, Science & Environment, offers Professional Internships designed to provide qualified college students with the opportunity for hands-on work experience in the unique growing areas that are part of Living with The Land, an agricultural attraction at Epcot®.
In this role, you will…
- Prepare media and tissue culture for a wide variety of plants used in The Land Pavilion greenhouses and/or for a tissue-cultured merchandise item. Grow, package and deliver the merchandise item.
- Lead informative and interactive guest tours through the greenhouses, labs and aquaculture facility daily.
- Staff the Behind the Seeds Tour desk at Epcot® to promote the tour, sign guests up for the tour, sell plant-related merchandise and answer general Guest questions.
You must meet the basic qualification in order to apply for the internship:
- Experience with and understanding of working in a laboratory.
- Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting
- College student or recent college graduate. Graduate students are not eligible for this internship.
- Applicable background and/or major in Plant Science, Biology, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, or related field.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0
• Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
• College transcripts (official or unofficial)
To upload these documents:
• Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
• Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
• Click on the “Attachments” Tab
• Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
• Select document type of “Other”
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own transportation to/from work
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Please Note: If you have any additional questions regarding this internship, please email email@example.com. For questions regarding the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.