Adventures by Disney Internship – Spring 2017
Adventures by Disney providing immersive, family-focused vacation experiences that connect our Guests to the stories of the world, created especially for families and bringing Disney magic to our guests vacationing around the globe in 27 different locations on five continents.
Take this chance to become a part of the Adventures by Disney team. You will participate in the development and operation of the Adventures by Disney business including the development of new itineraries and products, the operation of current itineraries, marketing and sales efforts and team projects.
Make an impact…
Participate in project support benefiting Adventures by Disney portfolio including research, documentation, and communication with team members
- Conduct destination and competitive market research, analysis and documentation
- Review and summarize Guest and Guide feedback
- Participate in project work with Marketing, Sales, Development and Operations teams including project tracking and team communication
- Assist with processing third-party supplier billing including auditing invoices to ensure compliance with contracted services and terms
Trip Development: Provide support to trip developer in all phases of trip development
- Assist with pre-qualification process for third party vendors including NDAs, supplier qualification surveys, communication with vendors
- Assist with the development of scope of service documentation
- Organize, analyze and synthesize data for third-party operating bids/contracts (hotels, restaurants, attractions, etc.)
- Development and production of creative and communication materials
- Assist in logistical planning for site inspections
Trip Operations: Provide support to trip operations team and Adventure Guides
- Support Guides in the field before, during and after each Adventure as needed including: coordinating and booking Guide travel and accommodations; entering Guides’ work hours for payroll; preparing Guides’ trip expenses on a weekly basis in SAP
- Assist with preparation of destination documents required for a Guide to operate a trip
- Partner with Mgr Guide Operations to distribute Guides’ schedules
- Liaise with Trip Services team – Invoicing, departure shipping requirements
- Distribute, track and recover Guides costumes, communication and technology tools
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Current Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student
- Currently earning a college/university degree in Travel & Tourism, Leisure Studies, Recreation, Hospitality Management, or related major
- Experience in the travel or hospitality industry
- Proven experience with coordinating logistics as well as strong implementation skills
- Possess the ability to meet project deadlines and deliverables in a timely manner to ensure the project meets target deadlines
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization as well as external vendors and contacts
- Proven knowledge of software applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point (with the willingness and ability to learn new applications as needed)
- Proven negotiation experience
- Strong interest in the travel industry
- Domestic and/or international travel experience
- Experience in Project Management
The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program. Note: Once you have completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program, there must be a minimum 6 month gap before the start of a new internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2017 through June 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: This internship is located in Burbank, CA. Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.